What is the background to Valentines Day?
Wikipedia says: Saint Valentine’s Day, commonly known as Valentine’s Day,or the Feast of Saint Valentine,is observed on February 14 each year. The day was first associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. By the 15th century, it had evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionary, and sending greeting cards (known as “valentines“). Valentine’s Day symbols that are used today include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.
So, what does that mean to you? Do you celebrate Valentines Day with your partner, girlfriend, boyfriend or secret valentine?
BUT, as a business owner – do you also love your business and give it the time it deserves?
Sounds out of place in the ‘Valentines Day’ scheme of things, but really it isn’t. It is very important that you look after your business and love it so why not give a gift to your business next month.
There are so many ways you can say you love your business but here are just some examples:
- outsource some of your behind the scenes needs in business;
- look at re-branding to start off a new year;
- connect and network with someone you have always wanted to;
- create structure and systems in your business;
- plan what leave you will be taking in your business this year.
Whatever you do – make sure you take time out for your business on ‘Valentines Day’ – it is just as important (in fact more important if you rely on your business for funding) to ensure you love what you started.
To kickstart your Valentines Day ‘Love your Business’ – we have a Giveaway to two lucky business owners.
To win a Silver Operations Manual for your business, all you need to do is comment below in 30 words or less on why you love your business and why an Operations Manual would be important to you.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entries commence 21 January 2013 and last entry comment must be made by 5.00pm on 13 February 2013.
2. All entries will be added to the Expert VA e-newsletter subscriber list.
3. Silver Operations Manual will be delivered within 3 months after business owners have been notified.
Hazel Theocharous, owner of Expert VA and Small Business Support Specialist loves what she does in her business and wants to say ‘Happy Valentines Day’ to every other business owner.